The Plan is administered by a Board of Trustees made up of 12 voting members: two employer representatives appointed by the City Manager, four employer representatives appointed by City of Regina City Council, and six employee representatives elected annually by the membership. Please visit the About page for a list of the current Board members.
The Administrative Board is responsible for the administration of the Plan as legislated by The Pension Benefits Act, 1992 (Saskatchewan) and in accordance with the terms of Schedule "A" of Bylaw No. 3125 (effective until December 31, 2015) and Appendix “B” to the Sponsorship Agreement. The Administrative Board responsibilites include:
- compliance with pension legislation;
- delegation of operational activities to Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc.;
- preparation of the audited financial statements;
- ensuring the Plan is able to meet the pension obligations as they occur and the
long-term solvency of the Plan;
- ensuring all assets of the fund are kept separate and apart from the assets of the
- making investments in accordance with relevant legislation;
- defining risk and outlining appropriate risk management practices;
- ensuring the various investment managers are managing the fund assets in an
appropriate manner and in compliance with the Statement of Investment Policies &
- developing and implementing policy documents to support the objectives of the Plan.
The operational activities of the Plan are performed by the Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc. The staff of Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc. are pleased to provide assistance to members regarding their individual benefit entitlements.
The Plan is jointly sponsored by the employers and employees of the Plan. The employees are represented by the Civic Pension & Benefits Committee. The plan sponsors are responsible for establishing plan benefits. Any amendment to the Plan must be agreed to by the plan sponsors.
In 2011 the plan sponsors formed the Regina Civic Pension Plan Sponsors. The Regina Civic Pension Plan Sponsors is a committee representing employees and employers within the Plan. Their mandate is to review and recommend potential changes to the Plan that will increase the long-term financial health of the Plan and ensure an attractive retirement benefit for employees.
Input into the current review process, along with questions or comments, should be directed to the following representatives:
Employer Representatives Employee Representatives
Byron Werry Kirby Benning
City of Regina
Mike Higgins Hugh Bigler
Regina Qu'Appelle Regional Health Authority
Jeff Grant Janet Craig
Regina Public Library
Paula Hesselink Ruby Forshner
Regina Board of Education
Ryan Johnson John Gangl
Buffalo Pound Water Administration Board